Sugar Free Gelatin Cake
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Zest of half a lemon
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar-free crystallized sweetener
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (0.3-ounce) box sugar-free strawberry, raspberry or any combination of gelatin dessert mix ( you can use two flavors and swirl them together)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 cups sugar-free whipped cream
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch cake pan.
- Whisk the flour and baking powder together in a bowl with the lemon zest.
- Whisk the eggs, sweetener, butter/oil, and vanilla extract together in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients as you whisk.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and spread in an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden and a tester comes out clean when inserted in the center of the cake.
- Set the cake aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the gelatin mix to a bowl.
- Whisk as you pour the boiling water into the gelatin until it dissolves. Set aside.
- Using a wooden skewer, poke about 40 holes into the cake.
- Slowly pour the dissolved gelatin over the cake while focusing on the holes for even distribution.
- Leave the cake to fully cool for about 30 minutes before covering with plastic and transferring to the refrigerator to chill for at least 6 hours.
- Top with sugar-free whipped cream and slivered almonds once chilled.
- Slice and serve.
By: Chef Fenya Konovaloff of Russian Doll Catering