Get naked on Valentines Day with this dark hunk of love! This is one of my favorite cake recipes because its super chocolaty and very moist. It’s perfect for birthday’s or during the week. I’ve been holding onto it for many years, but this year I’m giving it away to my fans and followers to share the love!
12 ounce Greek plain or vanilla
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup room temperature “strong” coffee (I use Instant Coffee)
1 cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cup flour
2 cup sugar
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
Dash of salt
Dark Chocolate Ganache
- In the bowl using an electric mixer with paddle attachment beat eggs on high then on low speed add yogurt, oil, vanilla and coffee.
- In another bowl sift your ingredients of cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix until combined.
- Pour your dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix with paddle for 1 minute. Stop and scrap the sides of the bowl and paddle for 1-2 minutes, over mixing is ok depending if you want a thick rich cake. If you want a light cake mix until combined.
- Pour into a greased pan either using parchment paper at the bottom of your pan or dust with flour.
- Bake on 350 oven for 35-45 minutes depending on your oven.
If you have any questions about this recipe or instruction, please send a comment. In my other post, recipes are hard to follow and especially baking, but I find this to be easy to make and so delicious!
By Chef Fenya Konovaloff
Do you have a Keto recipe for this, this is literally to die for. haha