EGG & SAUSAGE CHAFFLE SANDWICH
Makes 2 mini chaffles
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or cheese of your choice
- ¼ cup fresh spinach, thinly sliced
- Butter Spray
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ lb. lean ground pork
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Add the eggs to a medium-sized bowl. Whisk well.
- Add the cheese and spinach. Fold until well incorporated.
- Lightly spray your waffle maker and preheat according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Add ½ cup of batter to the mini waffle maker and cook for about 1 minutes on or until lightly golden.
- Transfer the chaffles to a platter and set aside to cool.
If making chaffle sandwiches:
- Add all the sausage ingredients to a bowl. Mix well.
- Form into four ½ inch thick patties.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the patties once the oil is hot and cook for 5 minutes per side.
- Place in between two chaffles and serve.
By Chef Fenya Konovaloff of Russian Doll Catering