Five Easy Steps
Here are five easy steps for any aspiring chef who wants to create delicious, fresh tasting dressings at home. Since I have always easily made my own gourmet dressings, I forget that not everyone realizes just how easy it really is! Buying local and fresh to make your own custom creations beats buying a bottle from the store any day; the best part is that you can change the recipe to your taste, using what’s available in your own backyard or at local farmer’s markets–fresh herbs and flavored olive oils and balsamic always delight the senses! You can also adjust the recipe to make more or less dressing, depending on the amount you need.
1. COLLECT ALL YOUR INGREDIENTS
2. PLACE VINEGAR OR FLAVORED VINEGAR IN BOWL
3. SLOWLY WHISK EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL IN BOWL, OR USE FLAVORED OLIVE OIL(TIP: WHEN YOU WHISK THE INGREDIENTS TOGETHER AND THE BOWLS START TO SPIN, PLACE A DISH TOWEL UNDERNEATH THE BOWL TO SECURE IT FROM SPINNING)
4. ADD YOUR HERBS, SALT, PEPPER AND REAL GARLIC
5. BLEND WELL(TIP- YOU CAN ALWAYS USE A MASON JAR AND SHAKE IT CONTINUOUSLY FOR 1 MINUTE AND STORE IN YOUR REFRIGERATOR)
VARIANTS:FRESH HERBS IN SEASON (tarragon, basil, thyme, sage, parsley, oregano or marjoram )ROASTED GARLIC, DICED GREEN ONION, EDIBLE FLOWER PETALS (rosemary flowers, lavender, dianthus, pansies or squash flowers)PARMESAN CHEESE, LEMON OR ORANGE ZEST, GOURMET MUSTARD
BASIC RECIPE: ½ C. BALSAMIC VINEGARPINCH OF SALT AND PEPPER1 GLOVE OF GARLIC (ZESTED)4 TABLESPOON OLIVE OILYOU DON’T HAVE TO USE DRESSING ON JUST SALAD; IT’S ALSO GREAT ON VEGETABLES OR POTATOES…MAKE A POTATO SALAD! BE CREATIVE AND LISTEN, AND YOUR FOOD WILL TO TALK TO YOU! ENJOY!